MULTILINGUAL ELECTRONIC DATABASE
by National Copyright Agency 12 September 1996, N 00092
The major goal of the database
is to further evolution of openness, information infrastructure, reforms and
democratic change in Armenia on the basis of advanced information technologies
and Internet. The "Hayknet" database contributes to the setting up of the unified
field of information and to its integration to the global information systems
on economics, education, science and culture.
in the "Hayknet" database is filed in three languages, Armenian. Russian and
English. Preparation of hypertexts, provision of copyrighted software in three
languages for setting up, updating and utilization of data banks on Internet
as well as the technologies of setting up an information field in the national
language are the property of "Voronum" Ltd.
database has the following divisions:
1. General information
("SPYUR" electronic directory, Who is Who, Diaspora Armenians, Armenian women,
2. Electronic version of newspapers, magazines, bulletins published in Armenia.
3. Socioeconomic information (population of Armenia, "500 most promising enterprises
of Armenia" directory, investment and business offer projects, etc.).
4. Memorials and monuments of global significance ("Karedaran"/"Stone Library"
electronic data bank of petroglyphs (dating back to VII-IV cc. B.C.) discovered
on the territory of present-day Armenia, Armenian ornaments, the Book of "Noah",
etc.) 5. National electronic library (with electronic version of books on
Armenian history, culture and art, including H.Tumanian"s Fairy Tales, works
by N.Marr, V.Briussov, H.Kharatian, etc.).
6. Art Gallery (National Art Gallery, personal exhibition of works by sculptor
7. Law, legislation (Laws of the RA, Constitutions of various countries of
8. Data bank of Armenian clans.
9. Armenian electronic market of copyrighted software (editors, processors,
dictionaries, spellchecker, programs, communication programs, Armenian fonts,
10. Leisure and entertainment ("Armenian Radio" jokes, "Armenian churches"
educational program, etc.).
11. Advertising and Anti-advertising.
12. CIS countries, USA, China, etc.
13. "Hayk" Institution data bank.
envisaged to set up also the following divisions in the "HAYKNET" database:
1. Armenian electronic
university (on-line Open University for studying Armenian, storage of treasures
of the Armenian language, etc.).
2. Sociological surveys.
3. Digest of the Armenian press.
4. Electronic job center, electronic labor exchange (manual and intellectual
5. Mobility of population.
6. Science, culture and public health.
7. Hypotheses and suggestions, making sense of the incredible ("Stone chronology
of civilization", the origin of the Armenian alphabet, about Biblical unified
protolanguage, how Armenian musical tones were deciphered, etc.
9. Youth and sports.
10. Woman, family, Democracy and Progress.
11. Special division featuring issues related to 1700th anniversary of adoption
of Christianity as a State religion in Armenia.
* * *
Certificates and partnership
Tel.: (3741) 588-176